Beefy Word Play


Beefy Word Play
Family outing at the County Fair had us in the livestock judging area. We were watching young people, three at a time, practice controlling three very bored alpacas who did the same thing over and over with a new handler each time.
In the big ring future farmers were practicing with larger animals. Each candidate had written a brief introduction including their favourite pastimes like: knitting, flirting with girls, my sheep, etc.
But one word of the day young fellow obviously into beef production added a joke at the end. 
My favourite dairy animal is the Hereford
I was the only person in the audience, or in the ring for that matter, who laughed. Wish I'd caught his name so I could honour him here.

For you city folks.
Herefords are beef cattle.
Pick one: Holstein-Friesian, Guernsey, Jersey, even Ayrshire, etc. are used for dairy production.

Comments

Popular Posts