Stone Temple Consulting and Mark Traphagen invite you to join their new community.

Stone Temple Consulting and Mark Traphagen invite you to join their new community.
I embrace the concept of connectivity and brainstorming.
#googlepluscommunity #STC
Originally shared by Stone Temple
Welcome to the Thought Leadership & Personal Branding Community!
An introduction from our Chief Moderator Mark Traphagen
What are "thought leadership" and "personal branding"? Why are they worth talking about?
Thought Leadership: A Thought Leader is someone to whom others look for authoritative, trustworthy information and insights on a given topic. A Thought Leader doesn't merely echo the crowd or conventional wisdom, the TL does careful research and investigation and thinks deeply and carefully to formulate and communicate original opinions and advice.
I know the term carries some baggage with some people, but I chose it because it is familiar and, frankly, search-friendly. It will bring people to this community who are interested in what thought leadership is really about.
Let me hasten to say that I believe real though leadership is not about being a pushy egotist who believes only her or his way is the right way. The Thought Leader this community will promote and discuss is one who devotes her or his self to untiring service to their community (whether that be an industry, a profession, a cause, a neighborhood, or whatever). The form of their service is in devoting themselves to knowledge and understanding, and then perfecting the art of communication in order to transmit that knowledge to the community being served.
In that servant-leadership model, it is only as a byproduct that this person eventually becomes seen as a leader, but that thought leadership position is earned, never claimed, and always recognized by others first.
Personal Branding: I have made this the second pillar of the new community thrust as I believe that the personal is intensely powerful. It's one thing for a faceless government or brand logo to tell you something. It's quite another for a person with a face and name, who is willing to stake her reputation on the content, to do so.
Having a Personal Brand means not just being "famous," not just that people recognize you, but that they recognize you as standing for something or connected to significant ideas. When other people who don't know you personally are asked what they think you're about, and when their description matches your aspirations, then you know you've successfully established your Personal Brand.
So welcome! I look forward to the insights you'll share, the lessons you've learned, and the questions you have.

Comments
Post a Comment