One hour!
One hour!
Join the Midweek Zap when David Amerland shares thoughts and answers questions about avoiding anger and resultant actions that can harm your social presence.
#MWZlive #socialmedia #angermanagement
Originally shared by Zara Altair
How to prevent head butting and anger in social engagement.
David Amerland explains the anger traps of social media and how to avoid them.
My way is the highway; get on it! Do you find yourself in conversations where each side is intractible? Do your feelings get hurt by an off-handed comment?
Responding Yes or Maybe will set a reminder so you can catch the replay.)
*Hashtag: #MWZlive * Please use for your tweets and when sharing out the show.
Like the topic? Know someone that will enjoy it? Invite your friends!
About David:
Tagline
Author, Speaker, Analyst.
Introduction
I travel a lot. I surf the web even more. Over the last four years I've spent time in fifteen countries and three continents making airports and hotel rooms more of a constant, for me, than home. I also spend more hours, each day, online than most people would consider to be healthy. The one stability in all this is Google+ where I can be found, time allowing, on most days. It has become my anchor.
In my posts, interviews and podcasts I add pieces to the puzzle. I explain how each one fits in a bigger picture. How that bigger picture then makes sense.
Sensemaking changes everything.
Before I got here, I used to be a corporate rat who used to be a journalist, before I jumped ship into full-time writing, speaking and blogging.
In my offline time I indulge a lifelong passion in martial arts, I run, hit the heavy bag and try to find the limits at which we can go without sleep and still function. I also visit as many museums and cafes as possible. Funnily enough I regard what can be found in both museums and cafes as brain food.
Fitness is important to me. It helps maintain a level of sanity that would otherwise require pharmaceuticals or expensive therapy. I pay some of what it has given me back by running a Fitness Community. I am also a moderator of Plus Your Business a community focused on helping business people get the most out of G+ and the semantic web.
Speaking of semantics, I am the owner of Google Semantic Search a community I started to explore the implications of semantic technology in daily life (and there are many).
Professionally I advise a handful of companies globally, blog for a number of websites, includingForbes, journalism.co.uk, and socialmediatoday and write for magazines and newspapers.
I give about 50 talks, speeches and presentations each year and hold an annual seminar on SEO and Social Media (details to which you will find on mywebsite.). I advise a couple of global companies and a handful of startups on social media positioning and search strategies and I write for Forbes, 21CIT, Insights and a number of dead-tree newspapers.
Some of the Events I have been part of:
SEO in the Sun (SEO & Introduction to Social Media)
Manchester SES (SEO)
Business Group Digital Conference (SEO & Social Media)
Rutgers University mini-MBA (SEO and Social Media Crisis Management)
Shanghai APAC executive SEO & Social Media Crisis Management training.
MxDE Senior Executive Program, Zug (Piercing the Search Bubble).
SMX East (keynote speech on Entities in semantic search)
Semantic Technology & Business Conference panelist
SMX London
Associated with:
SynaptIQ+
Rutgers Center for Management Development
Digital CRM
My Books
Google Semantic Search: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Techniques That Get Your Company More Traffic, Increases Brand Impact and Amplifies Your Online Presence
Google+ Hangouts for Business
SEO Help: 20 Semantic Search Steps that Will Help Your Business Grow (release imminent)
SEO Help: 20 steps to get your website to Google's #1 page
Online Marketing Help: How to promote your online business using Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and other social networks.
The Social Media Mind: How Social Media is Changing Business, Politics and Science and Helps Create a New World Order
Getting to No. 1 on Google in Simple Steps
Brilliant Search Engine Optimisation
Currently working on:
Updating SEO Help with 20 semantic search steps (out by the end of November, I expect).
Working on one more project about which I can't yet say anything. (Sorry)
If you made it this far you might be interested to know that now all of my writing is curated (without comment) at Prometheus. I no longer use RSS on my website and the G+ Page here gives me the opportunity to archive all my writing across the web. I have, however, created an RSS feed for it so you can keep track of everything I write here.
The best way to reach me is through Google+ or my website: davidamerland.com.
Bragging rights
I used to wear a suit.
Host +Zara Altair created *The Midweek Zap*to help you develop an online strategy that works for you and your business. You are here!
Go to Actation Now! website to view all original events plus articles to help you create and sustain your web presence.
Love the show? Become a patron for just $1 a month.http://www.patreon.com/ZaraAltair
For more about Zara and YOU Plus training visit actationnow.com.
Catch past Midweek Zap shows:
http://goo.gl/IgYCRK
Join the Midweek Zap when David Amerland shares thoughts and answers questions about avoiding anger and resultant actions that can harm your social presence.
#MWZlive #socialmedia #angermanagement
Originally shared by Zara Altair
How to prevent head butting and anger in social engagement.
David Amerland explains the anger traps of social media and how to avoid them.
My way is the highway; get on it! Do you find yourself in conversations where each side is intractible? Do your feelings get hurt by an off-handed comment?
Responding Yes or Maybe will set a reminder so you can catch the replay.)
*Hashtag: #MWZlive * Please use for your tweets and when sharing out the show.
Like the topic? Know someone that will enjoy it? Invite your friends!
About David:
Tagline
Author, Speaker, Analyst.
Introduction
I travel a lot. I surf the web even more. Over the last four years I've spent time in fifteen countries and three continents making airports and hotel rooms more of a constant, for me, than home. I also spend more hours, each day, online than most people would consider to be healthy. The one stability in all this is Google+ where I can be found, time allowing, on most days. It has become my anchor.
In my posts, interviews and podcasts I add pieces to the puzzle. I explain how each one fits in a bigger picture. How that bigger picture then makes sense.
Sensemaking changes everything.
Before I got here, I used to be a corporate rat who used to be a journalist, before I jumped ship into full-time writing, speaking and blogging.
In my offline time I indulge a lifelong passion in martial arts, I run, hit the heavy bag and try to find the limits at which we can go without sleep and still function. I also visit as many museums and cafes as possible. Funnily enough I regard what can be found in both museums and cafes as brain food.
Fitness is important to me. It helps maintain a level of sanity that would otherwise require pharmaceuticals or expensive therapy. I pay some of what it has given me back by running a Fitness Community. I am also a moderator of Plus Your Business a community focused on helping business people get the most out of G+ and the semantic web.
Speaking of semantics, I am the owner of Google Semantic Search a community I started to explore the implications of semantic technology in daily life (and there are many).
Professionally I advise a handful of companies globally, blog for a number of websites, includingForbes, journalism.co.uk, and socialmediatoday and write for magazines and newspapers.
I give about 50 talks, speeches and presentations each year and hold an annual seminar on SEO and Social Media (details to which you will find on mywebsite.). I advise a couple of global companies and a handful of startups on social media positioning and search strategies and I write for Forbes, 21CIT, Insights and a number of dead-tree newspapers.
Some of the Events I have been part of:
SEO in the Sun (SEO & Introduction to Social Media)
Manchester SES (SEO)
Business Group Digital Conference (SEO & Social Media)
Rutgers University mini-MBA (SEO and Social Media Crisis Management)
Shanghai APAC executive SEO & Social Media Crisis Management training.
MxDE Senior Executive Program, Zug (Piercing the Search Bubble).
SMX East (keynote speech on Entities in semantic search)
Semantic Technology & Business Conference panelist
SMX London
Associated with:
SynaptIQ+
Rutgers Center for Management Development
Digital CRM
My Books
Google Semantic Search: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Techniques That Get Your Company More Traffic, Increases Brand Impact and Amplifies Your Online Presence
Google+ Hangouts for Business
SEO Help: 20 Semantic Search Steps that Will Help Your Business Grow (release imminent)
SEO Help: 20 steps to get your website to Google's #1 page
Online Marketing Help: How to promote your online business using Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and other social networks.
The Social Media Mind: How Social Media is Changing Business, Politics and Science and Helps Create a New World Order
Getting to No. 1 on Google in Simple Steps
Brilliant Search Engine Optimisation
Currently working on:
Updating SEO Help with 20 semantic search steps (out by the end of November, I expect).
Working on one more project about which I can't yet say anything. (Sorry)
If you made it this far you might be interested to know that now all of my writing is curated (without comment) at Prometheus. I no longer use RSS on my website and the G+ Page here gives me the opportunity to archive all my writing across the web. I have, however, created an RSS feed for it so you can keep track of everything I write here.
The best way to reach me is through Google+ or my website: davidamerland.com.
Bragging rights
I used to wear a suit.
Host +Zara Altair created *The Midweek Zap*to help you develop an online strategy that works for you and your business. You are here!
Go to Actation Now! website to view all original events plus articles to help you create and sustain your web presence.
Love the show? Become a patron for just $1 a month.http://www.patreon.com/ZaraAltair
For more about Zara and YOU Plus training visit actationnow.com.
Catch past Midweek Zap shows:
http://goo.gl/IgYCRK
Comments
Post a Comment