#daylateandadollarshort


#daylateandadollarshort  
My Love 

I met my love on a plane from Milan to New York in 2000. We had a 10 hour conversation. We have equally long periods of comfortable silence.

He is out of the country at least 80% of the time often with no electricity. Each moment together is precious.

Although he is not a poet he always gets the line that grounds the poem.

Take me to your place,
Where birds flutter down thankyous
Making a joyous noise as they land.
Spoon swirls the chocolate
Like your jacket gently on my shoulder.
If bishops could hear your words,
Anathema would be a place of glory;
Saints with flaming fingers would cry fire;
Genocide would stop.
On my sleeve an anomalous heart
As you begin like morning sweetness
At any hour.

When I first met him I framed the birds to represent how I feel. They sit on my desk.

Comments

  1. Zara Altair I just read this with my best Anton Satorin _voice_... (out loud) - and girl - it was AWESOME! You're an amazing passionate writer. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin Drysdale Thank you! My valentine for this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Altair means birds in Arabic is this intentional?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hady Lotfy Not clear about your question. Birds fly. Broader meaning The Flyer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No your last name Altair means birds in the Arabic language, did you know that your last name means birds? And you drew birds is this intentional

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hady Lotfy The birds in the image are about the post. Did you read it?
    Yes, knew about my last name.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I did read it, and it is beautiful, so as the art work, are you of an Arab descent ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hady Lotfy Thank you. No, not of Arabic descent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay how do you explain your last name and the distinctive Arabic AL addition Please

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts