Google Docs Formatting: Headers & Footers


Google Docs Formatting: Headers & Footers

More choices for papers!

#googledocs  

Originally shared by ****

Headers and Footers - the way you want them
One of your biggest requests (especially those of you who use Google Docs to write academic papers) is to be able to customize how headers and footers appear on the first pages of your documents. 

With today’s updates, you can now use different headers and footers on the first pages of your documents, which comes in handy for:
-   Following academic formatting guidelines (e.g. MLA, CMS, APA)
-   Starting page numbering on the second page
-   Making a title page without headers or footers

After inserting a header or footer in your document you’ll see a new checkbox--just tick it and you’ll be able to set a different header and footer on the first page.

There’s also a new Insert > Page Number menu that lets you customize how and where you start your page numbers--like on the bottom of the second page, for example.

Comments

  1. Oleg Moskalensky No paper papers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the share Zara Altair!  I've just started using Google Docs more, creating and editing in GDocs. This info takes me to the next level and is much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. V. Lynn Hawkins Waves!
    I've been using it more and more.
    You are welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. MaAnna Stephenson Yeah, I know. Remember word processing? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The more I use Docs, the less I want to use Word for everyday things. But when I need it to look good, no choice but to use Word. If Google wants biz folks to use this service for office docs, they need to include more features like this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts