H/T Hart GA Privacy Matters
H/T Hart GA Privacy Matters
#privacy #security
Originally shared by Hart GA
Privacy & Security: 'Nothing to Hide'
'Nothing to Hide' an argument of narrow perspective that may cost you your 'privacy'.
#privacyandsecurity #nothingtohide #privacymatters
https://chronicle.com/article/Why-Privacy-Matters-Even-if/127461
#privacy #security
Originally shared by Hart GA
Privacy & Security: 'Nothing to Hide'
'Nothing to Hide' an argument of narrow perspective that may cost you your 'privacy'.
#privacyandsecurity #nothingtohide #privacymatters
https://chronicle.com/article/Why-Privacy-Matters-Even-if/127461
Zara Altair I hear this argument a lot when I talk about cyber security. This post is mainly concerned with Big Brother in the form of government. I don't think it holds a candle to the data we post about ourselves and collected by free social platforms. The ads I see now on Facebook have gotten creepy in their tracking. Starting to see same in my All stream on G+ based on the hashtags either I use or they assign.
ReplyDeleteI've read the TOS of the social media sites. But that does not extend to the 3rd parties they share the info with, or the 4th, 5th, and 6th parties they share it with.
I honestly don't think that the government has the time or budget to do much personal data mining unless someone is considered an overt threat.
But, folks trying to sell us stuff definitely have time, budget, and motivation to do so. Those are the entities that most concern me, not all of the what ifs in the post about the government.
MaAnna Stephenson Yes, the sell stuff divinations are creepy. All I have to do is look at something once and it follows me around forever, especially on FB.
ReplyDeleteAnd, Google knows. :) Except when I want things to come up in another language.