It's Friday and FridayFavourites with Mick Sharpe


It's Friday and FridayFavourites with Mick Sharpe 

What did you miss? 

#fridayfavourites  

Originally shared by Mick Sharpe

Grandma’s living room

A little shorter post from me for the next two weeks - lots of work keeping me away at the minute. Still enough to keep you busy this weekend though so without further ado.

If there’s one show I can always rely on to both entertain and inform it’s The Mia Connect Power Chat. Ask The Social Media Experts (http://goo.gl/4Dd6kb) covers everything from soup to nuts as Mia Voss talked with Rebekah Radice, Peg Fitzpatrick and David Amerland about all things social media and beards (Yes Jeff Sieh was in the house and later joined the hangout). Lots of sensible advice, whether you are just starting out or are a social media veteran, particularly looking at interactions, etiquette and trolling. Also a lot more fun than that description would suggest! Jeff raised the question of Paid Content which will be of interest if you’re struggling to get your content noticed but always with the proviso that the content must have value to begin with. As ever the #batcrapcrazy #timestamp post here (http://goo.gl/RWytwu)

I’ve always enjoyed David Kutcher’s posts and commentary on Google+ so I was pleased to catch this week’s #TNTBootcamp (http://goo.gl/2B6iPh). It always makes me smile when I hear of another web development company that followed a similar development path to my own. Christine DeGraff and Ronnie Bincer invited David to take a detailed look at Blogger and the benefits of this Google product. Well worth a look if you’re thinking about a new web site or a revamp of an existing one. Some great expansion into other platforms particularly WordPress and lots of debate in the comments on the relative merits of those platforms.

I was chuckling through a large part of this week’s Bill and Ammon's Bogus Hangout (http://goo.gl/8IPoRo) primarily because of Craig Burton’s first venture into HOA land and some very impressive chroma key work! Also joining Bill Slawski, Ammon Johns and Kristin Drysdale this week - it’s a long list! Debra Mastaler, Mike Bayes, John Moore, Padraig Ó Raghaill, Peter Hatherley, Imran Sq, Geoffrey Dodd, Mark Traphagen and Vincent Messina. Discussions about link building, moving locations (impact on SEO), clients, meditative manual labour, ubiquitous TV broadcasting and cultural differences (Cricket and Whisky!) punctuate the humour. I’ll be chuckling at two kiwis in the same hat for a little while yet!

I messed up last week when I missed this HOA but thankfully this follow up from David Amerland, Where and how would you prefer to die? (http://goo.gl/Fy5tTJ), stood out in my stream this week. As much as I like the HOA format I’m also very comfortable with transcribed format in Max Minzer’s article and this may suit you better too. You may prefer the original event Max Impact Ep. 101: Humanization of Marketing (http://goo.gl/3VuqKp) where Max and David are joined by Zara Altair, Joel Klettke, Tony Dimmock and Farinaz Parsay looking at the business / customer relationship and making that ever important connection.

It never hurts to brush up on your G+ skills so Ronnie Bincer’s Tips on Drafting a Google+ Post; Plus Mentions, Formatting & more (http://goo.gl/5JyrBZ) is very welcome and yes I use the + mentioning technique in these posts. This will be a particularly useful reference if you’re just starting out with Google+ posting and will be well worth bookmarking or saving to your private community.

Sticking with tips for a moment do take the time to review This week's Google Plus Tips Newsletter (http://goo.gl/MeqXlV) from Ray Hiltz that includes a detailed guide on setting up a custom overlay for a Google Hangout using the iPiccy Chrome App.

Colour theory is explored in Will Colour Choice Affect Your Website Visitor Experience? (http://goo.gl/1fM2Um) where Randy Milanovic introduces a comprehensive guest article by Amy Wax. It’s good for any business owner to have at least an understanding of the impacts of colour. Take a look now.

Finally in this mini tips section we have "How to Develop a Winning Social Media Strategy" (http://goo.gl/fMnern) using the power of NOD3x. I find it invaluable for clients. I’m sure you will find NOD3x a great tool for streamlining your engagement strategy and measuring impact.

Thinkers corner

Lots of questions raised in this week’s #RayLunchBunch HOA Resilience - Do You Bounce Back or Fall Flat? (http://goo.gl/mNJj4r). Ray Hiltz, Jessica Dewell, B.L. Ochman, Scott Scowcroft and Vivekananda L Baindoor Rao talk about failure, our response to it and the coping mechanisms we employ in those situations. How do you get through those difficult times? Do you shrug them off and move in different direction? As always an interesting 30 minutes with a lively comment stream. I particularly liked the quote relayed by Stan Bush
I think this is a Lou Hotz Quote: "The difference between a good football player and a great player is that when a great player gets knocked down, he gets up and finds the quickest route to the ball and arrives there in a bad mood." You may also want to take a look at Ray’s follow up article here (http://goo.gl/fwIcf9).

And finally…

Sweetheart, I know everything about you. You’re 28 to 34, your online interests include music, movies and laser hair removal! The problems of company/customer relations highlighted in Why Marketing Has Changed (http://goo.gl/zksgmv) shared by David Amerland. I hope you don’t recognise your business in this!


Have a great weekend wherever you are

#WeeklyRoundUp  #WeekInReview  #Google+

#BitingedgeFridayFavourites  #MicksPicks

Created by Mick Sharpe of Bitingedge

Comments

Popular Posts