#twodayslateandadollarshort


#twodayslateandadollarshort  
Kitchen Tool

My main kitchen knife is 50 years old. 

My French chef son-in-law says, "You only need one knife." This is it. If I stripped away all the other knives in the kitchen. I could still do everything with this knife.

When we were young we weren't allowed to cook. Wash and dry dishes, yes, but cooking, no.

When I left for college, my best friend, introduced me to the world of cooking. We cooked up a storm for a big family when at her ranch near Mt. Lassen.

After college, I went out on my own. With my first cookbook The Cordon Bleu Cookbook http://goo.gl/ie0ujV
and this knife I started cooking for friends.

I've been cooking ever since. From French to Diet For a Small Planet to Alkaline to Mediterranean including North African, Greek, Spanish, Italian, French.

In the early 2000s I worked as a cook I was given a budget. I could cooke anything I wanted and was paid. I loved it.

This knife has worked hard.

#28daysoflove

Comments

  1. I have one that looks just like it. Fave tool, and I'm rather fond of good tools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post Zara Altair .... I have been dabbling in cooking for some years now, usually once mid-week and most week-ends. I find it a grand change/ release from running my own Law Firm!
    Mind you, I've learned a bit about nice wine at the same time!! Funny that!
    Like you, the right tools are the difference - I bought some Global Knives - Japanese- some years ago and wouldn't change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zara Altair Only if knives and other kitchen utensils could talk. Imagine all the stories they could weave. You've given me a few ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neil Butler Fine wines round out the palette. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tim Sweeney I like it. The knife stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. MaAnna Stephenson Over the years I have collected a number of knives related to a specific task, but this is #theone  :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zara Altair, why didn't you tell me you are participating in the #28DaysofLoveChallenge ? I just came across this tonight. = )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen V Chin I did tell you. More than once.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a very similar looking knife passed on by my granddad, it's German made but the co doesn't make them anymore - the brand is still alive but the product is a. poor relation "Gustav Emil Ern"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zara Altair, you told me you were debating to participate because other projects you had scheduled to work on, including your #28daysofSEO. I am sorry if I misunderstood differently. I will send you a #28DayofLoveChallengeCommunity invite now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts