Fun SEO rethinking

Fun SEO rethinking
From Teodora Petkova
How would you rewrite the old joke?
#seofornow #webpresence
Originally shared by Teodora Petkova
Translating the joke An SEO walks into a bar…
#owlynotes gone wild
:)
This week I was rereading David Amerland's book Google Semantic Search (specifically the part Entity Extraction) and this reminded me of the shift web and search are slowly but steadily going through. To mention just a few facets:
✓ SEO is now a holistic approach to a web presence
✓ A Google + profile is a major identity hub
✓ In-depth, semantic rich, well researched writing wins
✓ Semantic technologies grow more sophisticated
And all that works for universal human values. Faking things does not work, “establishing” digital presence is meaningless if it’s not a reflection of what you believe in.
And now the joke.
Mocking the extensive (unnatural) use of synonyms and keyword repetition, here is how the original joke looked like in the days of the Boolean search (when search was all about keywords, frequencies, co-occurrence):
An SEO walks into a bar, club, restaurant, pub, disco, public house, fun place...
I think it needs to be rewritten now, as to mock the idea of trying to fake things until you make it.
I know it’s not finished yet, so ping Omi Sido, Tihomir Petrov, Dido Grigorov, Dimo Belov all other good people :) for help. The rdf part is also not the greatest one. :)
Have a wonderful Friday.
p.s. Nice haircut, owly :)
Zara Altair :) you always add the final touch, yes, I could have asked this simple question :) I am sure this joke will finally come to its final version.
ReplyDeleteTeodora Petkova The old joke pretty much summed up my feelings about SEO and thinking. I was curious to see how people responded to this one. :)
ReplyDelete