Optimize Your Blog Image

Optimize Your Blog Image
Great tip from Ana Hoffman..
#blogimage #imageoptimization
Originally shared by Ana Hoffman
If you don't optimize your blog images, you throttle your site speed
The biggest problem Google finds when site speed is an issue is the fact that images are not optimized - both for desktop, but especially for mobile. (read more about what Google says about mobile image optimization in Jennifer Slegg's post http://tgcafe.it/1B0qikR)
I was doing some search on this very issue yesterday as I was starting to upload loads ;) of images to my new traffic generation course at TrafficologyBlueprint.com. (sorry you can't buy it yet, but you can sign up to receive a notification on when it becomes available or even become one of few beta testers: TrafficologyBlueprint.com)
I even asked Dustin W. Stout and Thomas E. Hanna | BlogPhoto.tv - the two people I first think of when it comes down to blog images - for suggestions.
Dustin suggested JPEGmini
Thomas suggested Compressor.io
Both seem to be great tools, but what I didn't like about them was the fact that you have to upload your images to the server, then download the optimized versions back to your computer.
When I have dozens of images per each section of the course, it becomes quite a chore.
Then I found ImageOptim (https://imageoptim.com/) and it cut out that unnecessary and time-consuming upload/download step - I love it!
How it works:
1. Download the software to your Mac (sorry, it works for Macs only!).
2. Simply drag'n'drop images or folders into the ImageOptim window.
They'll be optimized in-place - right where they are on your computer.
You can see a 2.2MB image go down to 1.9MB in a matter of seconds. You can re-optimize the image to reduce it even further.
Loss of quality? None as far as my eye could tell.
It's a keeper!
Any suggestions for a similar free tool for PCs?
#blogpostimages #blogimages #imageoptimization


I don't run a Mac but anything that produces right-size files for Internet/Device gets my vote!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing, Zara Altair!
ReplyDeleteAna Hoffman Thanks for the info.
ReplyDelete