Hangout Hosts and Guests

Hangout Hosts and Guests
Create your custom lower third.
Step by step from Ray Hiltz 

H/T Oleg Moskalensky 

#hoatips   #lowerthird   #customlowerthird  

Originally shared by Oleg Moskalensky
http://rayhiltz.com/how-to-create-custom-hangout-lower-thirds/

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing, Zara Altair​. Ray Hiltz​ did a great job explaining and showing the process and it's a pretty decent little Web app. The only problem is that it only does the end result, unless I'm missing something. In other words you better create your awesome lower third and be done, because once you save it - it's either jpeg or PNG. For overlays it has to be PNG due to the need for it to be transparent and then you can only reload it as a single image, losing ability to change elements etc. I accidentally added an element that I didn't want and it got saved... now I'll have to redo the whole thing.

    So, it's not ideal environment, but if you want to do something quick, in the cloud, with pretty decent toolset - this does the job well, especially considering it's free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oleg Moskalensky I have used PicMonkey in the past as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zara Altair Thanks for sharing, Zara.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oleg Moskalensky You're right, Oleg. I've had to go back and redo something when I noticed a small error.
    It's not meant to be a rival to Photoshop by a long stretch.
    Where I find it helpful is in creating templates for HOA banners etc. Then I just have to go back and customize it.

    When I first started doing overlays, I did make the mistake of not saving in .png a few times - don't make that one now. :-)

    You can also save "layers" which is a pain but saves you from starting from scratch.

    PicMonkey, Pixlr and Gimp are also very good. The latter being the more robust.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Ray Hiltz, but I want to make sure people don't discount this solution, since it IS a good solution.

    I don't use photoshop - I use Xara Photo & Graphic Designer, an exceptional graphics and animation package, very affordably priced.  But if one needs to throw something quick together - your solution here is an excellent one.  And, despite the fact that it's 'not photoshop' - it's still very potent in many ways and has quite a few features, actually, surprisingly so.

    One last thing I'd recommend is that people register (it's free whether you do or not) and that way get a ton of extra features, only available to registered users.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts