Squeeze Page Alternative- Email On Demand

Squeeze Page Alternative- Email On Demand
A way to use Gmail to create email flow.
Also, how to sign in to multiple accounts on Chrome.

#googleplustips   #Gmailhack  

Originally shared by Productive Computer Systems

Email On Demand, Squeeze Page Replacement & Putting that Plus Back Next to Your Name
all part of the #SPEC (r)evolution

This is the official replacement for 2 failed HOAs yesterday.

#SPECzone  is described briefly at the end, signups are available via http://goo.gl/forms/HEl2Ap3f5T. More info can be viewed via a Collection at https://goo.gl/lwbvDb.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj44LF4_gYo&feature=share

Comments

  1. Oleg Moskalensky Most welcome. What a simple hack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oleg Moskalensky, I'm only into the first 2:25 of our video. The shopping carts that I work with have an email icon, print icon and social sharing icons. The default behavior is just to send the product detail page and a link.

    I think, possibly, this could scale on demand if I build in a few items such as a youtube video ID, PDF whitepaper file to email to the visitor for in-depth product information?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denver Prophit Jr., the only way to truly scale anything cost-effectively is to automate it.  Thus what I'm showing here isn't easily scalable without programming and I was trying to show how people without programming skills/knowledge can still benefit from this approach, since it's pretty simple to pick up & use.

    If you were to scale it - you'd want to add Apps Script to this formula and mimic the functionality via scripting.  That, of course, gives you many more choices, since you could write an email parser that could build the email to send, on demand, grabbing the needed info from a database... there are many possibilities there, but it is a more complex approach.

    In these hangouts I'm attempting to help small businesses, people who typically aren't programmers nor can afford to hire them and in many cases all they need to do is set up a dozen or two products/services, so this would work very well for them.

    One word of caution on this approach - for reasons unknown to me at this time - Google refuses to send any images within the canned responses, all you get is a placeholder box for the image, but not the image itself.  I haven't tried attachments yet, but I will and see if those get sent, but I won't be surprised if that's not an option either.  So, even though you can make text appear as varied as you like (fonts, sizes, colors, formatting) - you may have to limit your responses to text-only.  So, that might be a limitation for some, but certainly can be overcome by simply including links to online pages/images/PDFs etc., thus - not lethal as far as limitations go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well in e-commerce, there will never be 1 ~ 10 products. Thanks for the idea, though! I do see possibilities that does not require an investment. An open source shopping cart takes care of adding abilities like that.

    I'll present the idea to the open source project I commit code on and see what they think. The product creator already allows for a product attachment. Easily send a PDF whitepaper and choose new custom email template.

    Thanks again for the advice and inspiration.
      ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always a pleasure, Denver Prophit Jr..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts