Three Books for $12


Three Books for $12
from Phil Bowyer 
Break some rules!

Originally shared by Phil Bowyer

KDP Select. The Trial Is Over
For the last several months, I've been testing out Amazon's Select Program, and I am eager to report that I have decided to remove Social Media Strategies For Small Business; How To Break The Rules & Think Different To Create A Powerful Social Media Platform from the program.

As a result, my first book is once again available @ Barnes & Noble  and Kobo and we're ready to party (see below).

My take of KDP Select...

TL:DR - I don't recommend it.

As I suspected, going all in with Amazon wasn't a wise choice. While they dominate books, overall sales/income ended up being lower than when the book was being sold on Amazon, Kobo and B&N.

I've heard people having success with it, making it worthwhile for them, and I liked offering the book for free while getting paid for the read, the numbers just didn't add up for us (I say "us" because Kate Bowyer had How I Quit eMail & Followed My Dreams in the program also with similar results). 

Even though the program didn't work for us, I will say that Amazon has been a great partner over the last 7 years or so I've been with them.

And to celebrate wider distribution, Kate & I have an exclusive offer for our Google+ friends.  You can get all three of our digital books for only $12 (if you bought them separately they'd be twice the price).

1) Social Media Strategies by Phil
2) Coloring Outside The Lines by Phil
3) How I Quit eMail by Kate

If you want this bundle (which you can only get here), type "buy" in the comments below and I'll send you an invoice. Once you pay the invoice, I'll personally email you all three digital books in either Kindle or ePub.

This is a one day sale, and will expire tomorrow @ 4PM MT

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for sharing Zara Altair  \m/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil Bowyer Most welcome. Interesting thoughts on KDP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, yeah I avoided it for years because of the "only Amazon" limitation, but I thought I would see if the program actually helped boost sales (sales including borrows).  At least the test confirmed my gut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phil Bowyer So, the bottom line is it did not boost sales.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts