Call to the Web
Call to the Web
H/T David Amerland
Rotimi Orimoloye writes a powerful call to web awareness for Africa. But, this is a call to all of us to educate ourselves continuously.
And the truth is that the adjective “Semantic” has to do with the divergences between the meanings of words or symbols.
#semanticweb
Originally shared by Rotimi Orimoloye (Orims)
#Africa ! Prepare Thyself For The Semantic Web
From the first moment that I got a tiny clue about what the #SemanticWeb was, I became perhaps more fascinated by it than I ever was by say......Saturn (the planet; not the car, nor the Roman deity. :-) )
►http://goo.gl/sYgS2D
Anyway, to say I am a linked data & semantic web enthusiast today would be a freakin' understatement.
Here in the RL, I am constantly hoping to catch someone that'll give me an excuse (however remote the link) to talk to them about it. lololol
And this is regardless of the fact that people complain that I have become a boring dude! :)
Back to Africa:
So apart from kenya and South Africa, where there is some slight buzz, I think Africa needs a jolt to turn our attention in this direction. So I thought I should create the jolt.
I didn't just win an Oscar (I don't mean the grouch) but I would like to thank the following people for one way or another, building my interest in this awesome journey:
David Amerland
Brian Sletten
Ammon Johns
Bill Slawski
Barbara Starr
Kingsley Idehen
Aaron Bradley
and my dear friend, Thing-Finder, and fellow #SmartData expert-wannabe, Teodora Petkova. :-)
Look! I finally took the leap!
#OpenData #DigitalAfrica
H/T David Amerland
Rotimi Orimoloye writes a powerful call to web awareness for Africa. But, this is a call to all of us to educate ourselves continuously.
And the truth is that the adjective “Semantic” has to do with the divergences between the meanings of words or symbols.
#semanticweb
Originally shared by Rotimi Orimoloye (Orims)
#Africa ! Prepare Thyself For The Semantic Web
From the first moment that I got a tiny clue about what the #SemanticWeb was, I became perhaps more fascinated by it than I ever was by say......Saturn (the planet; not the car, nor the Roman deity. :-) )
►http://goo.gl/sYgS2D
Anyway, to say I am a linked data & semantic web enthusiast today would be a freakin' understatement.
Here in the RL, I am constantly hoping to catch someone that'll give me an excuse (however remote the link) to talk to them about it. lololol
And this is regardless of the fact that people complain that I have become a boring dude! :)
Back to Africa:
So apart from kenya and South Africa, where there is some slight buzz, I think Africa needs a jolt to turn our attention in this direction. So I thought I should create the jolt.
I didn't just win an Oscar (I don't mean the grouch) but I would like to thank the following people for one way or another, building my interest in this awesome journey:
David Amerland
Brian Sletten
Ammon Johns
Bill Slawski
Barbara Starr
Kingsley Idehen
Aaron Bradley
and my dear friend, Thing-Finder, and fellow #SmartData expert-wannabe, Teodora Petkova. :-)
Look! I finally took the leap!
#OpenData #DigitalAfrica

Many thanks Zara Altair.
ReplyDelete:)
Rotimi Orimoloye Such a beautiful, impassioned piece.
ReplyDelete