Patterns that Connect


Patterns that Connect

Mac Vogt spotlighting Teodora Petkova 

#writing   #googleplus   #entrepreneurship  

Originally shared by Mac Vogt

Profile Spotlight: Teodora Petkova​​​​​

"We are the poets of networks, communities, hubs of shared values and interests," writes Teodora Petkova​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ on her awesome blog [http://goo.gl/p96vxv] "The beauty of this expanding interconnectedness is that we are its creators."

G+ I know many of you (if not most!) are creators -- you are poets, artists and photographers, editors and thinkers, vloggers, novelists, curators and musicians and filmographers all working on all sorts of projects, in all manner of genres, from all points of view.

You are what makes G+ beautiful.

And I know some of you might feel your work isn't getting the exposure you'd like. Or, maybe you can't seem to find your place on G+. At the same time, your eyes glaze over when you encounter cynical, over-generalized advice aimed towards entrepreneurs.

Enter the ever interesting and charming Teodora Petkova​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​! She's of a distinct pocket of super smart folk like David Amerland​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ Gina Fiedel​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ and David Kutcher​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ exploring and demystifying how social networks work and how to effectively exist within them. Yes, there exists a peoples who study the ways you can use G+ and have much wisdom to share. It's great.

And what I love about Teo especially is how she humanizes it all. Social networks are often demonized, yes, and so how refreshing then to have someone dedicated to how social networks and the semantic web can be healthy, grounding and transformative. I'd be lying if I said my approach to G+ wasn't heavily influenced by her work.

Some of her ideas -- G+ as a ferris wheel: [https://goo.gl/VyJzOz] The richness of content writing: [https://goo.gl/8ykC24] Text, meaning and jazz: [https://goo.gl/ctAKmD]

While you'll notice her writing is deeply concerned with the human and the poetic, it is tinged too with an orientation towards the entrepreneur. Mentioning customers and company and such. This is one of the best parts of Teo! She shows this inspiring entrepreneurial spirit without the jaded cynicism that can come by running a business.

Corporate speak. Synergy. Viral content. Pipeline. Engagement. Shareholders. Starting capital. Content. Coffee. Meeting.

Lol the actual business people in the audience are rolling their eyes right now OK I'm just saying, I know many indie creators associate marketing with ulterior motive and I just want to make this point: entrepreneurialism, if realized in a healthy manner, can anchor your G+ in purpose.

I'll come right out and say it. I subscribe to entrepreneurial spirit. Sigh... I was raised that way. I want to make a living writing! Or at least a quarter of a living haha. My goal is to harness that drive to make cool stuff on a small scale and a big scale. Awesome posts and awesome books. I want to harness that drive to build a community here, to be part of the conversation, to go out looking for my people. I want to support the crazy cool content I find here. I want to connect people to ideas and movements and other people. I don't want to spam people. I want variety. I want people to care. I want to be a poet of networks, communities, hubs of shared values and interests.

I feel that as long as I'm doing that, I'll be OK. Whether it's through Patreon or books, or whatever else, I know I'll have support if I truly deserve it.

This is the direction a large part of the economy is moving. I feel like we're at the forefront of it, and it's been amazing creating with you all so far.

Thank you Teodora Petkova​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ -- wouldn't been able to write this post without you! I hope lots of people follow you and continue to connect with and build off your words.


Art cred [https://goo.gl/eSQayt]

Comments

  1. Zara Altair :))) the post keeps travelling, being the cousin of the Metaphysical Guide. It is happening :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teodora Petkova Web of interconnects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for resharing Zara Altair​!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mac Vogt My pleasure. I like the thoughts.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teodora Petkova  Patterns that connect. Steps to an Ecology of Mind Gregory Bateson https://goo.gl/Bxd2EW :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts