Song for Ireland Dick Gaughan

Song for Ireland Dick Gaughan

Ping Gina Fiedel Sung by a Scot. :)



Song for Ireland: Dick Gaughan

Walking all the day
near tall towers where falcons build their nests
Silver winged they fly,
They know the call of freedom in their breasts,
Saw Black Head against the sky
Where twisted rocks they run down to the sea
Living on your western shore,
Saw summer sun sets, asked for more,
I stood by your Atlantic Sea,
And sang a song for Ireland

Talking all the day,
With true friends who try to make you stay,
Telling jokes and news,
Singing songs to while the time away,
Watched the Galway salmon run,
Like silver dancing, darting in the sun,
living on your western shore,
Saw summer sunsets, asked for more,
I stood by your Atlantic Sea,
And sang a song for Ireland

Drinking all the day,
In old pubs where fiddlers love to play,
Saw one touch the bow,
He played a reel that seamed so grand and gay,
I stood on dingle beach and cast,
In wild foam, we caught Atlantic bass,
Living on your western shore,
Saw summer sunsets, asked for more,
I stood by your Atlantic Sea,
And sang a song for Ireland


Dreaming in the night,
I saw a land where no-one had to fight,
Waking in your dawn,
I saw you crying in the morning light,
sleeping where the falcons fly,
They twist and turn all in your air-blue sky,
Living on your western shore,
Saw summer sunsets, asked for more,
I stood by your Atlantic sea,
And sang a song for Ireland.

#music   #SongForIreland   #DickGaughan   #ballad  
https://youtu.be/PuSAMzvOzo4

Comments

  1. One of my all time favorites, Zara Altair. Dick Gaughan and this song. Thank you!

    One of Doug's brothers used to do a beautiful rendition of it also.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts