Taking a Womble in the Writing World

Taking a Womble in the Writing World
Writers write. Sometimes I wander around in my head looking for a place where I can meet someone. A music loving friend, Dave Pipe  from Sussex, England, might call it a mental womble. I think about various places and visit them. I look around to see who is there. I meet them. Some people would call this a character exercise.
This free-form wander is not part of any current work in progress; it is simply writing “what I see.” Essentially, the “visioning” is apropos of nothing.
When I went to Chico, California, in my head, here’s what happened.
Read the rest: https://goo.gl/fiV6R7

#amwriting   #characterdevelopment   #writingexercise  
https://medium.com/@ZaraAltair_34664/taking-a-womble-in-the-writing-world-1ecf16daefa2#.ccolxaf4n

Comments

  1. I'll have a read once B & A's Bogus Hangout is over Zara Altair . :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave Pipe :) I love the word womble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zara Altair
    It makes as stroll or a ramble look like they're walking races! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave Pipe Yes, exactly with no intended intent. I learned that word from you and I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts