Jason Bourne
Jason Bourne
I've been a Robert Ludlum fan for many, many years and read all of his original novels including The Bourne Identity https://goo.gl/hwOUui . I admire Ludlum along with Alexandre Dumas (père) https://goo.gl/0SQEze for supreme action writing.
I've also seen all of the Bourne films (except the spin-off).
If you like action then the new Jason Bourne http://goo.gl/BlATol does not disappoint.
But, when I find myself writing movie reviews in my head 10 minutes in, instead of going into the story, something is wrong.
Vincent Cassell http://goo.gl/SdvysS plays a worthy opponent from his very first shadowy shot. His impressive acting talent (La haine http://goo.gl/GsENla, Eastern Promises http://goo.gl/GsENla, IRREVERSIBLE http://goo.gl/0Y3RPZ, Child 44 http://goo.gl/g5GqUH, Mesrine http://goo.gl/ysJQck, even Birthday Girl http://goo.gl/9Amdha [Yes, there's a reason I left out Black Swan http://goo.gl/IZ7dlH]) is wasted on lines like "Copy that."
Robert Ludlum knew that even action stories have a "save the girl" subplot not evident in this film.
The requisite big chase scene was edited for smash-bang to a dizzying degree forgoing immersive breathtaking tension. (The Great Escape https://goo.gl/2ZbGgL, Bullit (original) https://goo.gl/pV8SCK, Ronin https://goo.gl/aeWDxA, The French Connection https://goo.gl/Idd6hi, Drive https://goo.gl/LQocsJ, The Italian Job https://goo.gl/MgrGEq, etc.) And sad by comparison, The Bourne Identity https://goo.gl/z2xlU0 by the same people.
I like seeing action films in the theater, but all in all, I found the film far from Robert Ludlum and a disappointing sequel.
The popcorn was good.
#film #JasonBourne #chasescenes
https://youtu.be/F4gJsKZvqE4
I've been a Robert Ludlum fan for many, many years and read all of his original novels including The Bourne Identity https://goo.gl/hwOUui . I admire Ludlum along with Alexandre Dumas (père) https://goo.gl/0SQEze for supreme action writing.
I've also seen all of the Bourne films (except the spin-off).
If you like action then the new Jason Bourne http://goo.gl/BlATol does not disappoint.
But, when I find myself writing movie reviews in my head 10 minutes in, instead of going into the story, something is wrong.
Vincent Cassell http://goo.gl/SdvysS plays a worthy opponent from his very first shadowy shot. His impressive acting talent (La haine http://goo.gl/GsENla, Eastern Promises http://goo.gl/GsENla, IRREVERSIBLE http://goo.gl/0Y3RPZ, Child 44 http://goo.gl/g5GqUH, Mesrine http://goo.gl/ysJQck, even Birthday Girl http://goo.gl/9Amdha [Yes, there's a reason I left out Black Swan http://goo.gl/IZ7dlH]) is wasted on lines like "Copy that."
Robert Ludlum knew that even action stories have a "save the girl" subplot not evident in this film.
The requisite big chase scene was edited for smash-bang to a dizzying degree forgoing immersive breathtaking tension. (The Great Escape https://goo.gl/2ZbGgL, Bullit (original) https://goo.gl/pV8SCK, Ronin https://goo.gl/aeWDxA, The French Connection https://goo.gl/Idd6hi, Drive https://goo.gl/LQocsJ, The Italian Job https://goo.gl/MgrGEq, etc.) And sad by comparison, The Bourne Identity https://goo.gl/z2xlU0 by the same people.
I like seeing action films in the theater, but all in all, I found the film far from Robert Ludlum and a disappointing sequel.
The popcorn was good.
#film #JasonBourne #chasescenes
https://youtu.be/F4gJsKZvqE4


Well that's disappointing, but thanks for saving me the price of a ticket.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the popcorn was good.
ReplyDeleteYup disappointed as well.
ReplyDeleteCouldn't stand to watch it all.
Finding a well made film & storyline has become as rare as finding an honest politician ;)
Justin Case :D
ReplyDeleteJustin Case Most recent find is TV drama from Iceland: The Lava Field http://goo.gl/RwLd9b Not "action" but I liked the scene editing - late in, early out. Moves everything along.
ReplyDeleteMatt Damon,are you really tough( You do your own stunts I Believe),Love your movies as David Webb(Bourne Identity)Jason Bourne is next I will be watching it and store in my Computer God Be With Us Emmanuel Matthew1:23.
ReplyDelete