The Perfect Profit Machine

The Perfect Profit Machine
Gideon Rosenblatt on the effects of AI on generating corporate "profit."
...the perfect profit machine might adopt an aggressive growth stock strategy as a way to free itself from the harness of shareholder primacy. Such a strategy would accelerate the firm’s capital investments in its own automation. As it reaped the competitive advantages of those investments, it would increasingly dominate its markets and look for ways of expanding the reach of its automation into new markets. Competitors would be either driven out of business, or forced to adopt similar strategies in order to survive, thereby accelerating the automation of one market after another. This scenario is far from unrealistic, by the way. Just look at Amazon, which appears to be running a precursor to just such a strategy.

#AI   #humanityandtechnology  
http://www.the-vital-edge.com/perfect-profit-machine/

Comments

  1. Zara Altair, thank you for sharing this one on so many channels. I really appreciate it.

    I don't know whether or not we really will hit something like full automation. I'm betting heavily on humanity continuing to play a role. But I do think that exactly what that role looks like is really up in the air right now. Customers could well emerge as much more central to the creation process than we normally think of today - and all orchestrated by an automated center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gideon Rosenblatt Customers, especially with feedback, will emerge, I believe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts