Applause but not Bravo!


Applause but not Bravo!
Applause is now part of the Hangouts on Air apps. Important if you want true engagement turn it off!
Ronnie Bincer shows how to turn it off.
#hoa   #hoatips  

Originally shared by Ronnie Bincer

Warning! New Applause app On by Default - here's how to turn it off
Google loves their new tools! This one will add the expanded player window to your HOA Events which hides the place to leave comments (just like the Q&A app and the Showcase app do).

If you are wanting to allow your viewers to engage with the HOA Events you make via Comments, you should definitely Turn OFF the new "Applause" app Before you start the broadcast.

I hope they change this option soon and that the forced default is just part of the roll out for a short time, but if not, there is now one more thing to remember to do before you start the broadcast if you want real engagement with your viewers via Event Comments.

Here is a post re. the announcement of the Applause app: http://goo.gl/MDhYdn

p.s. I tested this today and even though I turned it off for one Scheduled HOA Event, it turned itself back on for the next one I created... persistent little bugger!

Keep up with Hangouts by becoming a member of the Hangout Mastery... details here: www.bit.ly/HangoutMastery
=== ===
#HOAtips   #HangoutsOnAir   #ApplauseApp   #SHOAEtips

Comments

Popular Posts