Biutiful
Biutiful
My vote for the perfect scene. The dialogue (sorry, I searched and searched no English. Dubbed Italian with music. :( Dubbed German)
the timing, the pacing, the editing, the acting, the cinematography, the supremely lovable father...
I've watched this at least 60 times. Yeah, it's that good.
Dialogue in English:
Is it real?
Yes.
At least that's what my father
told my mother.
Why do you have it?
Your grandfather gave it to your grandmother
before he left Spain.
She was pregnant and expecting me--
and she never saw him again.
It's beautiful.
I never imagined
I would touch a real diamond.
Can I try it on?
- Yes.
It's yours now, sweetie.
- Really?
I don't know. Mom always
wore it on this finger.
She said it wasn't real.
Your mother never heard the sound.
What sound?
The sound of the ocean.
When I was little--
one radio station
played the sounds of the sea.
Giant waves.
The sounds scared me.
Why were you scared?
The bottom of the sea scared me.
All the creatures that
live there.
Dad?
Dad...
Did you know that when an owl dies...
it spits out a fur ball?
You shouldn't go with the ponytail.
It makes you look like a fox.
It scares away the owls.
I saw that movie.
Don't you believe me?
Once there was nothing here.
Just water. Saltwater.
Do you know what it sounded like?
And the wind?
And the two together?
What's over there?
#biutiful #film #javierbardem
http://youtu.be/QBPM2dJVGxQ
My vote for the perfect scene. The dialogue (sorry, I searched and searched no English. Dubbed Italian with music. :( Dubbed German)
the timing, the pacing, the editing, the acting, the cinematography, the supremely lovable father...
I've watched this at least 60 times. Yeah, it's that good.
Dialogue in English:
Is it real?
Yes.
At least that's what my father
told my mother.
Why do you have it?
Your grandfather gave it to your grandmother
before he left Spain.
She was pregnant and expecting me--
and she never saw him again.
It's beautiful.
I never imagined
I would touch a real diamond.
Can I try it on?
- Yes.
It's yours now, sweetie.
- Really?
I don't know. Mom always
wore it on this finger.
She said it wasn't real.
Your mother never heard the sound.
What sound?
The sound of the ocean.
When I was little--
one radio station
played the sounds of the sea.
Giant waves.
The sounds scared me.
Why were you scared?
The bottom of the sea scared me.
All the creatures that
live there.
Dad?
Dad...
Did you know that when an owl dies...
it spits out a fur ball?
You shouldn't go with the ponytail.
It makes you look like a fox.
It scares away the owls.
I saw that movie.
Don't you believe me?
Once there was nothing here.
Just water. Saltwater.
Do you know what it sounded like?
And the wind?
And the two together?
What's over there?
#biutiful #film #javierbardem
http://youtu.be/QBPM2dJVGxQ


Comments
Post a Comment