H/T Al Remetch *Why Goals Don't Work*

H/T Al Remetch *Why Goals Don't Work*
For me those are goals that are not based on your inner strengths.
#goalsetting
Originally shared by Dr. Cassone
Why Goals Don't Work
Compensation vs Inspiration
When you start from personal insecurity or self judgement, the goals you make are attempts to satisfy how bad you feel. This is what I call compensation.Trying fix ourselves from the outside never works. Even if we reach those goals, we're still not happy because the problem was on the inside.
Lead by Inspiration
When you remind yourself of what inspires you then you are forming goals based on what you already feel great about; what you're passionate about. This comes from the place inside you where the insecurities and judgments don't exist. In this way, movement towards the goal becomes an expression of the healthy part of you which creates more of the healthy state. You're a success because you're more in touch with the passionate you regardless of the outcome.
Example:
Inner judgement: I don't like myself
Rationale: it's because I'm fat (truth is we don't like ourselves fat or skinny but this is a very convincing self statement when you factually have weight to lose)
Goal: lose weight
Action: an uninspired exercise schedule that I force myself to do which I can't keep up
Result: I suck ...run out of fuel ...and quit
OR
Inspiration: I like hikes and nature, when I spend time like this I am uber happy
goal: plan time to walk in nature daily with a once a week hike somewhere special
Action: excited to hike and do what I love
Result: I stop picking on myself, without trying I eat less from emotional upset, I automatically experience new inspirations because I'm growing the healthy state of me, I actually lose weight but that doesn't matter so much because I am content
By Dr. John Cassone
www.cassonewellness.com
Totally agree Zara Altair understanding your own #semanticprofile is the way to set goals that will suit your own nature
ReplyDelete#hashtagplus
Peter Hatherley Yes. Otherwise the goals are external and not part of your construct. Just saying them does not make them so. :)
ReplyDelete#innersense and #innerstrengths Zara Altair :)
ReplyDeletePeter Hatherley Love #innersense :)
ReplyDelete