Growing with Social Media
Growing with Social Media
David Kutcher rants on the positive aspects of personal and business growth with social media.
Drop the war terms. Grow a fruitful garden.
#socialmediastrategy #businessgrowth
Originally shared by David Kutcher
My company started receiving more inquiries and more clients from social media once we stopped selling on social
Coming back on the plane from Social Media Today's #SocialShakeUp15, and mulling all of the information I took in, all of the conversations I had, and listening to all of the other representatives of businesses, I can't help but think about how some businesses get social, while others are trying to make social work.
And that difference colors their approach to social, as well as their perception of value and return.
For me, social is about finding, learning, interacting, and growing. Not just in a personal way, but as a business. It's about growing You, surrounding yourself with people that can be part of that growth, and letting the rest (sales, referrals, etc) come as a result of demonstrable value, good will, and sincerity to the community that builds around you.
That's not to say that sales shouldn't be on your mind, or that ROI can't be measured, but that social should be an organic process, and as such needs time and nurturing to yield results.
One of the keynote speakers, an executive from Twitter, encouraged the audience to drop the warlike metaphors, instead adopting a gardener metaphor. And while I agree with that to an extent, I believe you need to be both a farmer as well as a hunter/gatherer.
You need to be able to Capture as well as Grow. And how you use social needs to be cognizant of that distinction, as well as when to employ the correct approach.
#wheresthebeef #eatmorekale
David Kutcher rants on the positive aspects of personal and business growth with social media.
Drop the war terms. Grow a fruitful garden.
#socialmediastrategy #businessgrowth
Originally shared by David Kutcher
My company started receiving more inquiries and more clients from social media once we stopped selling on social
Coming back on the plane from Social Media Today's #SocialShakeUp15, and mulling all of the information I took in, all of the conversations I had, and listening to all of the other representatives of businesses, I can't help but think about how some businesses get social, while others are trying to make social work.
And that difference colors their approach to social, as well as their perception of value and return.
For me, social is about finding, learning, interacting, and growing. Not just in a personal way, but as a business. It's about growing You, surrounding yourself with people that can be part of that growth, and letting the rest (sales, referrals, etc) come as a result of demonstrable value, good will, and sincerity to the community that builds around you.
That's not to say that sales shouldn't be on your mind, or that ROI can't be measured, but that social should be an organic process, and as such needs time and nurturing to yield results.
One of the keynote speakers, an executive from Twitter, encouraged the audience to drop the warlike metaphors, instead adopting a gardener metaphor. And while I agree with that to an extent, I believe you need to be both a farmer as well as a hunter/gatherer.
You need to be able to Capture as well as Grow. And how you use social needs to be cognizant of that distinction, as well as when to employ the correct approach.
#wheresthebeef #eatmorekale


Apologies David Kutcher. Bookish thoughts space out. Correction accomplished. Oh, and I do like it. :)
ReplyDelete