First Blackberries
First Blackberries
It's officially summer. Only one thorn prick! :)
Blackberries before and after (puff pastry, sweetened marscapone with Marsala, chocolate.
#summertine #blackberries

It's officially summer. Only one thorn prick! :)
Blackberries before and after (puff pastry, sweetened marscapone with Marsala, chocolate.
#summertine #blackberries

My Mom's favorite fruit is boysenberries. As a grower, do you know the difference btwn boysenberries & blackberries, Zara Altair?
ReplyDeleteKristin Drysdale First I'm not a grower. The blackberries are wild at the top of the creek bank.
ReplyDeleteBlackberries are wild, boysenberries are hybrid culture. http://goo.gl/xy14Sr
My Mom liked boysenberries, too. They arrived in her lifetime.
Yum!
ReplyDeleteAh Zara Altair. Very cool link. Thanks!!
ReplyDeleteKristin Drysdale I knew it in my head but I thought a more solid reference than Zara thinks this is true might be a better reference. :)
ReplyDeleteWell I'll take both, Zara Altair. =D
ReplyDeleteYour word is as good as rain to me... (whatever that expression means). ;)
Wait! Kristin Drysdale I'll Google it. :) I always wondered what it meant as well. Could come from a land where rain is frequent.
ReplyDeleteAha! right as rain
ReplyDeleteIn good order or good health, satisfactory, as in He was very ill, but he's right as rain now, or If she'd only worked on it another week everything would have been as right as rain. The allusion in this simile is unclear, but it originated in Britain, where rainy weather is a normal fact of life, and indeed W.L. Phelps wrote, "The expression 'right as rain' must have been invented by an Englishman." It was first recorded in 1894.
dioms.thefreedictionary.com/right+as+rain
Zara Altair Your response reflects a bit (at least in my mind) from my pinned Vacay-Post. (I just finished making it. You fall into the otherwise category. I miss you - no need to be a stranger... unless of course you're busy - in which case I salute you.) =D♥♥
ReplyDelete